Wow. Over the past several days there have been numerous articles about URL design in one format or another, so much so that I’ve not been able to comment on them all in a reasonable amount of time.
Rather than wait, I decided to go ahead and give them all some link love and plan to discuss the issues they raise in due time:
- Tim Bromhead discussed Which is better for your site: www or no www?,
- Matthew Inman of SEOmoz talks about how attention to URL design in Dear Digg.com: I’m going to save you a million dollars with three lines of code,
- Scott Hanselman blogged about getting bitten by multiple URLs pointing to his site in Google PageRank considered subtle,
- Jessica Bowman of Business.com covered related terrority in her post Should URLs in links use index.html? on Search Engine Journal,
- Jeff Atwood explains how to do URL Rewriting to Prevent Duplicate URLs, and
- Microsoft’s own Scott Guthrie blogged about ASP.NET and URL Rewriting in Tip/Trick: Url Rewriting with ASP.NET.
So glad to see so many new URLians appearing on the horizon!